Saturday, November 26, 2005

Soul Message

Illustration by David Scurr
Soul Message

It was a regular morning, nothing new to report
on the day that I met my sinister cohort.
He appeared as a vision and slid by my computer;
you couldn't imagine a more delectable suitor.

He said he could make me more popular than god,
deliver tons of friends, hey, that was his job.
He'd stay with me, he was there to consult.
I said, "I hate to be rude, but it sounds like a cult".

He told me my quest and the name of the game,
he said that "messaging" would render me fame.
It wouldn't cost a thing, not even a dime,
all he needed at first, was a fraction of time. ;^}

"Oh really" I said, "How much time do you need?"
"The first installment he said, "was my first daily feed."
"My breakfast" I gasped, "that important first meal?"
Oh who cares, what the heck, I said "It's a deal!"

Hey, it was great, my popularity did abound.
I had gained lots of friends, and lost a few pounds.
But my companion grew hungry, he needed more.
He requested more time to settle the score.

I relinquished my job, my parents, my phone,
my baths, my hygiene, I would not be alone!
My messaging friends, they had to thrive.
They numbered one thousand, one hundred and five!

My personal time grew shorter and shorter,
my health was fading, my life had no order.
My eyes were bugged out, I never could sleep...
I couldn't get out, I had sunk way too deep.

The stakes now were doubled, and I had to lie.
I revealed in a post to one eager young guy,
I resembled Cindy Crawford, yeah, that was the truth!
I then turned to the side, and spat out a tooth!

This resembled the game in the garden of Eden,
I could not endure, I pleaded for freedom.
I turned from a woman to a dos shell of myself.
I turned towards my Adonis, he turned into an elf.

Oh, the elf wore a sneer, the most wicked of grins.
He spat at my face screaming "excess is a sin!"
He tossed me a blindfold and a last cigarette
saying "So tell me STUPID, did ya get the MESSAGE YET?

............Quasimodem

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Brilliant!!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home