Saturday, December 24, 2005

Last Things First...


I wonder if I will ever ride a bike in a tutu again,
yet, that being said, to hell with the peas in life.
Imagine!

Last Things First
I wonder if I will ever ride a bike in a tutu again...

At the beginning everything was a first, your breath, your steps, your first day of school. My guess is, since I am not a kid, and not yet dead, my firsts and lasts are pretty balanced right now. There are things I've done and things I haven't done.

Yet...

First experiences are requiring a tad more imagination to find these days, and I think that's okay....

That being said...

I am quite sure I've taken my last spoonful of canned peas. Heck, I question why they existed in the first place. What's worse about them, their colour, texture or taste? In any event, I can choose never to have them again, unless of course that's only if I've been to my last distasteful dinner party.

to hell with the peas in life.

One day the firsts start to dwindle, I think, way before the lasts. Maybe your firsts change to the first time you can't, which is kind of a last in itself. Maybe when you can't tell the difference
anymore, times up!

This is the first Christmas that my daughter is bringing a boyfriend for dinner and the first time my dad will be cooking a turkey; it is my first Christmas without my mom, and not the last time I will miss her.

Imagine

Quasimodem

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Beautifully written, very poignant.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Ian russell said...

imagine. give peas a chance...

9:42 AM  
Blogger Quasimodem said...

There's my chuckle for the day, however peas at any price, is too high a price to pay.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home