Thursday, December 01, 2005

Post Hummus


Illustration by David Scurr

Does anyone remember the "Fantastic Four"?

A "Marvel"ous description for those unfamiliar...

While attempting to investigate a strange disturbance in space, Reed Richards, his wife Sue, her brother Johnny Storm, and his best friend Ben Grimm were thrown off course when their ship was bombarded by cosmic rays.

The accident altered their bodies in strange ways, Reed could now stretch and mold his body into any shape he pleased; Sue had the ability to turn herself and objects around her invisible; Johnny could create and manipulate flames and Ben was permanently turned into an ugly, orange rocked creature with barbaric strength. Together, with their new found powers, they began battling evil and exploring the unknown.

In the 60's you needed a cosmic storm, today, men such as "Bill" provide the "Gates" to unlimited opportunity to wield these same powers...and virtually all have the power to "post".

This is my story...(You can feel a little afraid right now, I know I am)

Post Hummus


I stepped in the room and guess what I found?
Four proper pedestals rising up from the ground.
And teetering on top were four intellectuals:
I felt rather small...one might say ineffectual.

The pillars, it seemed were quite the erections,
making those perched on top, free from inspection.
Curiosity took hold, I was driven to find
the stuff which made up, such lofty great minds.

What happened next? Well I don't like to boast,
I could not resist, I pushed the damned "posts".
They fell and exploded, it seems I'd been duped!
My intellectuals, were vegetables, chock full of poop.

Quasimodem



1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

You post-pusher, you. You always did love toppling people from their pedestals. Great stuff. Lovely illustration. We need David back here.. life's not fair.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home