Saturday, December 03, 2005

It's People Like YOU!

Illustration by David Scurr (One of my favorites)

It's People Like YOU!

God, it's people like you who poke fun at the quirks
and deny that religion has some pretty fine perks.
Using your wit to disembowel with a knife
the fantasy which enriches and fills up my life.

It's people like you who attempt to free
the demons who live deep in the being of me.
Without guilt, lust isn't much fun anymore;
gone is the excitement of the "Harlequin" lore.

It's people like you who screw up my T.V.
saying monsters like Dracula just couldn't be.
Without good, how can evil like that exist?
Thank-you dear atheist, I truly am pissed!

It's people like you who try to ruin the mood
of weddings and baptisms, and all that good food.
Without these celebrations, I now drive my car,
for gone are the days of the open church bar.

It's people like you who take the fun out of dying.
I had a 50/50 chance of frying or flying.
So thanks very much for removing my soul,
without eternity I merely get dumped in a hole.

It's people like you who leave me with mortals
with feet made of clay with no heavenly portals.
Without faith I must deal with mere mortal men
and instead of prayer to lose weight I now use phen-fen
Quasimodem

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Very funny. Love the illustrations! Perfect combination. Waiting with bated breath for the next installment.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home