Saturday, December 03, 2005

You Felt Vaguely Familiar


Illustration by David Scurr
You Felt Vaguely Familiar

I sensed something peculiar
when reading your ad.
You felt vaguely familiar
symbiotic a tad.

You seemed...

The male esoteric
to my female abstruse.
We together, generic,
vague and obtuse.

Imagine...

Possibly, perhaps,
and perchance we might meet?
Object: recognize each other...
someplace like a street?

Two concrete?

Quasimodem
I've gone deep into my hard drive and retrieved some more of David's illustrations. For those who have read former entries, you may want to take a peek at some of the poems I posted earlier, they now have their corresponding illustrations.
And as aside...
A real ad that was forwarded to me by a friend
I enjoy simple tranquil moments: sitting near a fireplace or bomb fire, looking over the city at night and stargazing.
Let's put that one down in the "Life is Stranger than Fiction" category.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home