Saturday, November 25, 2006

Virtually Yours



Are you looking for action, an escaping of woes,
a release on reality, a break from the lows
of your dreary existence, and the bleak urban plight?
Just download a newsgroup this Saturday night.

What will you find?...Oh all kinds and sorts
of people to talk to; willing cohorts
to play in the game of deception and need.
The basic requirement is merely...you read.

The butcher that's sick of carving up cows
seeks something similar to that which meows;
something that's soft, and not like a meat...
so a visit to SPAM is a vacation retreat.

A Sanitary engineer will consider it fun
to download philosophy when workday is done.
So the garbageman finally gets to unpack
the crap he's collected, and toss it all back.

Cross-dressers who tire of matching up clothes,
the buying of accessories, make-up and hose,
will toggle on WOMENS, relax and then...
need not redress to get down on the men.

The people on WRITERS.. now that is an enigma...
Work becoming play without any stigma.
They write all night after writing all day
so you know THEY've already thrown reality away!

The old, they act young; the young they act old.
The meek and the timid become stronger and bold.
Be rich smart or famous, a dog, gal or guy.
It's really quite easy... if you're willing to lie.

So what am I saying? Gee...I'll tell you for free
and if you've been listening you know it's not me...
I've got brains, charm and money; I look like a 10
and I've passed on a virus to ten thousand men!

So ya think I'm attractive...well that is a joke.
It's virtual reality without taking a toke.
It's Timothy Leary's modern day dream,
where virtually nothing is all that it seems!
Quasimodem

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I love it! Those were the days, my friend.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Okay...between the two of you, I don't believe I have the need to venture away from my PC. I'm scared.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home