Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Red Dress

Illustration by David Scurr
The Red Dress


Here's the story, I'm ashamed to say,
how I dealt with the devil on a dreary wet day,
I hoped what I heard was not merely lore,
the day I entered the dark master's store.

I wanted the power of a flashy built blonde.
It had to be magic, it had to be strong.
I made the request and he answered it too.
He screamed for my soul and $52.92!

He went to the back and brought out a bag.
He punched at the register and ripped off the tag.
He packed a red dress and howled with delight.
It seems I was setup for Saturday night.

I arrive at the restaurant, but can this really be?
The magic was working, all eyes were on ME!

But the devil had tricked me, he received more.
In exchange for my soul...I look like a whore!

So that is the pathetic end to my story...
seems attention is not always glitter and glory.
And where is the dress? The magical rag?
In my closet right now, in a lead-lined suit bag.

Quasimodem Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home